Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pin It!

Whatever works...

I am an advocate for strength training and clean eating. In all my years of trying to get healthy this is the only thing that has ever worked for me, and actually stuck. I think it is important for me to continue this lifestyle for the rest of my life. I look forward to helping my children live healthy lives, and anyone that I may inspire in the process....but...the same thing may not work for you. I am a firm believer that part of living a healthy life is also living a happy life. Yes you can eat clean and strength train, but if you are not happy while doing it then this is not the program for you. I think what is important is that you get yourself happy and healthy. Whichever route you take is completely up to you. I read things all the time knocking this and that, but if someone is trying why would you knock them. I do not like cardio, but I am not going to knock it. It works for a lot of people. I do not count calories, I wrote a post about that the other day, because eating clean wholesome foods I really do not need to, but if that is what works for you then by all means do it. We should all be supporting each other in our efforts to get healthy, and not knock someone down because they are not doing the same way we are (off topic, but that is how I view everything in life by the way). Everyone is different, our circumstances are different, budget is different, values are different, goals are different, availability to foods equipment is different, knowledge is different, health is different, and motivation is different. So if you come across someone trying to get healthy, even if it is not how you "think" they should do it, applaud them for their efforts and offer support and encouragement. If they ask for your advice then by all means give it to them, but never say this is what you need to do because that is not your place to decide that for them. I have been telling about my journey on this blog through what has worked for me. I hope I will inspire some people, that is my whole point in creating this blog. If you follow the plan I am doing, which I am by no means a personal trainer or nutritionist, I am more than happy to encourage you and offer support and motivation for whenever you need it. Also if you decide to follow your own path to getting healthy I am more than happy to encourage you and offer support and motivation for whenever you need it. I think that is one thing that has made me successful is by surrounding myself with people that love, encourage and support me through everything. So if you do not have a person in your life doing that for you you need one. If you cannot find one then message me and I am always here to lend a hand. The point is find something that works for you and makes you happy and make that a success in your life.






No comments: