Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pin It!

Sweat it out!

I must admit I used to hate it when I would even get one drip of sweat. I thought it was so gross. I did not want to go outside because I was afraid I would get sweaty. If I did ever try to work out I would stop when I started to get sweaty. Who wants to be covered in sweat? It just seems so gross. Now I love it!! If I have a workout and I do not break a sweat I feel like I did not workout hard enough. I need to go do some more to get a good sweat going.







Sweating has a lot of health benefits. Sweat consists primarily of water, as well as concentrations of sodium and chloride, and to a lesser extent, potassium. There are two types of glands involved in sweating: eccrine and apocrine. Eccrine glands trigger perspiration to keep our core temperature regulated, while apocrine glands release sweat as a response to nerves or stimulation, such as exercise. In addition to the aforementioned ingredients, sweat from apocrine glands may contain proteins and fatty acids.





  • Sweating is your body’s natural way of providing a high-tech cooling system
  • Skin is considered the largest organ in or on the body and it’s vital to take care of it
  • In conjunction with proper washing, sweat can produce soft & supple texture of the skin
  • Improves tone & flexibility of skin
  • Critical factor in the body’s hydration process
  • Essential in the process of removing toxins from the liver, kidneys & the cardiovascular system
  • Is the body’s natural process of cleansing & washing skin pores
  • Serves as one of the body’s many indicators
  • On a small scale can burn calories in conjunction with traditional training
  • Improves circulation
  • Helps boost the body’s immune system
  • Triggers your body to work harder to compensate & adjust
  • When you exercise and sweat, endorphins are released to lower your stress levels and brighten up your mood.





  • When you sweat make sure you wash your face to unclog the pores from it.






    So go do something now that makes you sweat. I bet you will feel great afterwards!







     












    No comments: