Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pin It!

Scrumptious Saturday

I'm going to be posting my favorite healthy recipes on scrumptious Saturdays. We all know that nutrition is major part of fitness you cannot out exercise a bad diet! I love to cook, and my family loves for new to cook. I also like trying new things. I think it us important to vary what you are eating so you do not get bored quickly with healthy foods. So this week I am going to start off with an easy recipe. Turkey meatballs. You can eat them by themselves, in a sandwich, with pasta, on pizza. There are so many things you can do with these yummy treats. I bet they would be good in a clean eating barbeque sauce as well. You can make the serving you need or make a big batch and freeze them to reheat for a later meal.



Turkey meatballs


1 lb 99% fat free ground turkey
1/2 cup organic oat bran 2 egg whites (if you do not eat eggs you can substitute with Chia seeds and water)
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp mrs. dash Italian seasoning
2 tsp organic ground flax seed
2 shredded organic carrots
1/4 cup diced red onion (if you do not like onions you can substitute with 2 tsp onion powder 1 tsp organic coconut oil


Preheat your oven to 400 Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. I usually just use my clean hands to do it, but you can use a wooden spoon as well. After thoroughly washing your hands line a cookie sheet with tin foil. Then it's time to make the meatballs. Just round them out to balls. You can make them whatever size you wish. Thoroughly wash your hands again and place the cookie sheet in the oven. Bake them for 30 minutes.



You can double, triple etc this recipe or you can half it. Super easy right. They are healthy and delicious. Also they are picky husband and picky kid approved! Please feel free to comment with any of your favorite recipes.

No comments: