Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pin It!

Tasty Tuesday

I don't know about you, but breakfast has always been the meal I have struggled with. I am not a morning person, and as much as I like to cook I really do not want to do it when I wake up first thing in the morning. So some easy healthy breakfasts sounds like music to my ears. One really easy nutritious breakfast is overnight refrigerator oats.


Overnight Refrigerator Oats

1/4c oats (old fashioned or steel cut)
1/2c milk (your choice I usually use coconut or almond, but you can use fat free milk)
1/3c plain nonfat Greek yogurt (I usually use Fage)
1/2 tbsp. chia seeds

Mix all ingredients together in a mason jar and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. You can add a little more milk and warm up some if you like warm oatmeal better. I usually just eat it straight out of the refrigerator. Add whatever toppings you like. I have done almond butter and banana, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, honey, agave, etc...The possibilities are endless. I like the almond butter or organic peanut butter because it gives me a little more protein in the morning. That's it. Simple yummy breakfast.

No comments: