Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pin It!

Scrumptious Saturday

I love trying new recipes, my family is so-so on this. I think they would happy having the same things they like over and over again especially my 6 year old. Food is what we fuel our bodies with so we should use premium right. We should enjoy this fuel too. I do not believe we should eat boiled chicken and steamed broccoli every night in order for us to be "healthy" and lose weight. No thank you that sounds so boring to me. There are so many yummy foods out there if you are just willing to try them. I like to go on pinterest and find new "clean eating" recipes to try. I also enjoy making up my own recipes. I am currently putting some recipes together to write an ecookbook actually. I'm not sure how long it will take me, but I am very excited about working on it. Sometimes the recipes I try are failures, and sometimes we have major successes, but you never know till you try right. Today I made up a new recipe, new for me I'm sure a lot of other people have done it before I just have not seen a recipe for it. I did peach chicken. We are having it for dinner, and I will update on how it tastes later. I can say that it does smell good; which is always a plus right?



Peach Chicken

2lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or cutlets
2 peaches
1/2c honey (you can also use agave. I would just use a little less because it is much sweeter)
1/4tsp sea-salt
1tsp black pepper
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp dried oregano
1tsp onion powder

Cut your peaches in slices and put in the bottom of the crock pot. Then top with chicken, honey and spices. Cook on high 2 hours then low 3 hours. I will probably serve this with either quinoa pasta or wild rice and steamed carrots. I will let you all know how it turns out.



*UPDATE~ This turned out very good, but it I think next time I will add some no salt added vegetable broth. I think that will keep where it won't get too dry. My daughter had thirds on it so I guess she enjoyed it.

No comments: