Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pin It!

The scale is not my friend

I have a love hate relationship with my scale. I love when I see the numbers go down, but when they don't change I get so frustrated with myself. Fortunately since I have been on my journey over the last few months I really have not seen them go in the wrong direction, but sometimes I do not see it change fast enough. I was weighing myself like 5 times a day every day. I was becoming obsessed with it. So I decided a few weeks ago to stop weighing myself. I am trying to tell myself the scale does not matter. I am trying to focus on my NSV's (non scale victories). I think as women we are taught that thin is beautiful. So we focus so much on being that small size and small number in order to be pretty. It is ingrained in us as young girls. It is a hard cycle to break. Healthy is what is beautiful not skinny. The number on the scale is just a number on the scale. My goals began as wanting to be a specific number, but I am learning that really does not matter to me. These other things I am accomplishing are far more important. I hope that my daughter never worries about what the number on the scale says. I want to teach her from a young age that she is beautiful and strong. It does not matter her size. What is important is that she is healthy. The best way for me to do that is to lead a good example for her. I don't want her to see me worrying about my number on the scale. I want her to see me eating healthy foods and living an active healthy lifestyle.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

So true, love it babe!