Sunday, February 2, 2014

Pin It!

Happy Birthday!! belated...

January 27 marked the 7 year anniversary of me becoming a mommy. Oh yeah and it was my son's 7th birthday. Is that a coincidence that they are the same day?? :) This is my oldest sweet baby. It was emotional for me on his birthday. I always think of him as my little baby. Which he will always be, but now he is a big baby! He is about 4 1/2 feet tall and weighs 56 pounds. He wears a size 3 in his shoes and 8/10 in his clothes. So yea he is a big baby :)

 
 

January 26 2007 I was induced for my first baby to be born. It was a mix of emotions for us. We were very excited and nervous at the same time. I was induced at 5 pm with him on a Friday night. My amniotic fluid was very low, and it was a necessity for him to be born. I was very upset about it. I wasn't ready and this wasn't part of my birth plan were the thoughts I kept thinking. Of course him being delivered safe and healthy was the most important thing so of course we said let's do this. I had made it to 6 pm Saturday January 27 and was miserable. The contractions were reading off the chart, and I had no epidural. I was in misery. I had gone 24 hours with an induction and was so ready for him to be born. The doctor checked me, and I was at 3cm. I was crushed. I screamed and cried and said get him out of me know. I lost it. I said give me a C-section (of course I didn't want one, but I was miserable). I finally said give me an epidural. I know realize I would have been fine without it and really did not need one. I could have made it without one. After delivering without an epidural and being induced I know I could have made it. That was the point where I was going to start advancing quickly, but being a first time mom I did not know this. I had never planned to get an epidural. I wanted it all natural. So to be induced and now get an epidural I was so unhappy, but I kept thinking as long as he is safe that is all that matters. I will say after I got the epidural I was like a different person. There was a big whirlpool tub in the bathroom which I couldn't use obviously because my whole body was numb. So my husband decided to take advantage of this awesome tub. I was finally calm and playing cards with my mom. It was almost 8pm. He went in the bathroom, turned off the lights in there and got in a nice warm Jacuzzi tub. Then there was suddenly a knock on the door. My mom was telling him ok it is time to push now. Wow what a wasted bath right? So I pushed for a short time for a first time mom. He entered the world at 8:49 pm. So after almost 28 hours of labor my baby was finally here. I couldn't wait to hold him. The nurses seemed very concerned as they were pumping lot of liquid out of his lungs. They wrapped him up quickly and let me hold him for about 5 sec and then rushed him out of the room. My heart sank. Where did my baby go? Why is he not in my arms? He was in respiratory distress. It was awful. They got him stabilized, and Daddy got to go in there to help give him his first bath. After several hours I finally got my baby back in my arms. He was so sweet and tiny. It was finally real I was a mommy. It was amazing.




He had a dramatic entrance into the world, and has not stopped since then. I am so lucky to be his mommy. He is so amazing. He is so smart and strong. He is in the first grade, and gets straight A's and reads on a fourth grade level. He is just so amazing. My little 7 pound 8 ounce baby is growing into such an amazing little boy. So happy birthday to my sweet little man!!

He had a ninja turtle party yesterday. It was so awesome to celebrate with his friends and our amazing family. He had a wonderful time. Which as a mommy is all I really want for my baby. I can't wait to celebrate so many more wonderful birthdays for my big boy!!





1 comment:

Paulina said...

I think it's funny that your hubby was in the tub. I'm glad things have been perfect ever since and congratulations on being a mother for 7 years! Ninja turtles are the best ever. What an awesome themed party. It's a blast from the past.